Valencia (Spain) | Remote | Fulltime
If you fit in this offer, please send your CV mentioning the job title you are apllying: email@example.com
Resumes that are not in English will not be considered
UNICC is committed to achieving diversity and inclusion within its workforce, providing an environment that reflects the values enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. ICC is dedicated to the SDGs, making SDG-5 (Gender Equality) and SDG-10 (Reduce Inequalities) the organization goals.
UNICC is looking for a strong network architect with development skills that are also knowledgeable on infrastructure and new technologies. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, grasp new concepts quickly, have an open mind, prioritize across multiple competing tasks, work independently as a technical architect, and be able to complete tasks on time.
The candidate will have at least 5+ years of combined experience in cloud technologies (e.g. Azure and AWS) and network administration.
The ideal candidate is a network engineer that has some knowledge of scripting languages as terraform and ansible. The candidate will help UNICC to innovate in areas like Cloud connectivity solutions, Secure communications, SDWAN and many others.
Scope of Work:
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Assess customer requirements, scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, network infrastructure build, configuration, unit testing, as well as driving the production deployment
• Planning, designing and upgrading network installation projects
• Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system findings and enhancements
• Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
• Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
• Interact with project leads and technical stakeholders in building and deploying cloud solutions
• Responsible for the successful operation and continuous improvement of the service (Business oriented)
Required Technical Skills:
The person MUST have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum 10 years of experience
• Effective communication and analysis skills to break down complex issues and formulate solutions.
• Deep critical thinking skills demonstrating analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Ability to be objective in evaluating solutions and making recommendations.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and change, and exercise appropriate time management to meet deadlines.
• Be able to grasp knew concepts and technologies quickly
• Be able to implement projects using latest technologies
• Familiarity with various network operating systems (e.g. Cisco, Meraki, Checkpoint, Juniper…) and cloud service providers infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
• Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, routing and switching protocols, and monitoring of network infrastructure (e.g. SD-WAN, DIA, BGP, MPLS, TCP/IP)
• Expertise with production deployments and practical functionality of various network elements—routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization devices, DNS servers, authentication servers, server network interfaces.
The person SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
• Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Ability to work in a team that is geographically dispersed and with teammates of different cultures
• A high degree of initiative, being independent and able to work with little supervision.
• Be able to work in multiple projects at the same time
• A high level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgement and maturity
• Ability to deliver quality results
• Experience with Project Management methodologies (PRINCE2/PMP, SCRUM, Agile methodology)
• Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment, comfortable with uncertainty
• Knowledge of python, terraform and ansible are highly desirable
• Excellent technical documentation skills, and ability to deliver technical trainings
• Customer-centric approach to delivery and problem-solving skills
• Strong English communication skills
• Basic knowledge of other recognized UN languages is desirable
Required Soft Skills:
• Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
• Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
• Cisco, Checkpoint, main networking vendors’ certifications
• Cloud certifications.