Executive Program Manager
Valencia (Spain) | Remote | Fulltime
If you fit in this offer, please send your CV with the job title: email@example.com
CVs that are not in English will not be considered
ICC is committed to achieving diversity and inclusion within its workforce, providing an environment that reflects the values enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. ICC is dedicated to the SDGs, making SDG-5 (Gender Equality) and SDG-10 (Reduce Inequalities) the organization goals.
Description of Duties
▪ Manage senior level stakeholder expectations inclusive of UN agency leaders, vendor executives, government officials
▪ Serves as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization
▪ Lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams in programme/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment
▪ Ensure alignment across delivery teams who may represent resources from multiple internal (UNICC, client teams) and external sources (vendors, consultancies, product teams)
▪ Lead development of and continuous management of (often multi year) program roadmaps
▪ Directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies and initiates follow-up actions
▪ Identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions
▪ Drive prioritization and feasibility discussions including recording decisions requiring trade-offs
▪ Manage scope and decision process around any changes to expected program outcomes, delivery commitments, and/or schedule
▪ Ensure end-to-end solution delivery perspective taking into consideration not just technical components, but tangential and relevant processes, training, and communications
▪ Develop framework and rigor for governance, decision making, dependency and risk management
▪ Communicate in a structured manner across stakeholders and delivery teams both progress and issues
▪ Provide a path toward issue identification and remediation with early escalation and appropriate impact analysis
▪ Identify and secure sufficient resources necessary for delivery including required subject matter experts for guidance when needed
▪ Develop and gain alignment on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to program delivery
▪ Own financial diligence of overall program budget, resource allocation, actuals, and forecast
▪ Develop contingency planning
▪ Ensure operationality of any technologies and processes post deployment
▪ Other similar duties as assigned.
▪ Professional communication skills and highly developed people skills.
▪ Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and renders unbiased and data driven interpretation to ensure an accurate exchange of information.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to generate high quality conversations, emails, and messages to individuals at all levels of the organizations.
▪ Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, or asks questions to clarify, and responds appropriately.
▪ Strong negotiating and conflict management skills
▪ Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team from varied cultures and professional background.
▪ Strong team skills with ability to create good relationship across different departments and/or organizations
Planning & Organizing:
▪ Meticulous attention to quality of work especially when supporting clients
▪ Strong ability to organize while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability
▪ Good decision-making ability and attention to details
▪ Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to details.
▪ Strong time management and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details.
▪ Leadership experience delivering more than two multi-million dollar enterprise-wide programs through to completion including all aspects from program definition, resource alignment, governance structure setting through to implementation, go-live activities, adoption, and operationalization
▪ Excellent proactive risk identification and remediation capability
▪ Significant hands-on experience in Agile implementation processes and tools
▪ Well-versed in the following digital capabilities: data management and data governance, advanced analytics, cybersecurity, solution architecture components, workflows, automation, cloud hosting/migration, UI/UX practices, API development
▪ Experience in data privacy considerations, local and regional regulatory constraints, nonfunctional considerations including but not limited to system performance, latency, scalability, and security
▪ Expert in SDLC processes, deliverables, checkpoints, tooling
▪ Familiarity with Agile/Scrum, Prince2/PMI frameworks
A minimum of 15+ years of demonstrated experience driving large, global, complex programs through to conclusion, and exhibiting the following functional and technical skills:
▪ High-level of English is required (verbal and written).
▪ Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
▪ Experience global, complex enterprise programs with underlying technology delivery
▪ Competency in Agile methodology
▪ Strength in planning and organization of multiple workstreams
▪ Demonstrated communications and change management
▪ Facilitation skills
▪ Negotiation skills
▪ Influencing in matrix environment
▪ Creativity/ ability to find innovative solutions
▪ Willingness to learn on the job
▪ Conflict management & cooperation
▪ Knowledge of another UN official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be considered an asset.
▪ Consulting experience with global consultancy
▪ Service Management qualification, such as ITIL or ISO 20000 Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2
First Level University Degree or equivalent in a Computer Science related area
Diploma of secondary education.