Enterprise Monitoring Administrator
Full time | Remote | Valencia (Spain) / Nearshore
If you like this offer, please send your CV mentioning the job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Remote (Valencia/Nearshore/Offshore) order of preference
Teleworking option: Yes
On-call requirements: May be required on an exceptional basis
Scope of Work / Duties of Consultant:
• Administer the monitoring infrastructure, ensuring that it is stable, up to date, well designed, properly tuned and properly maintained
• Extend the current infrastructure and /or implement a new infrastructure following capacity management plans
• Develop and maintain Elastic monitoring
• Deploy and maintain Elastic APM monitoring
• Develop integration through API’s
• Develop ad-hoc monitors when required
• Identify and troubleshoot known problems and document solutions
• Provide guidance to Tier 1 workforce
• Provide guidance and coach team members when needed
• Create relevant statistics for the several monitoring tools
• Perform required tasks in maintenance windows
• Provide “stand-by” services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours
• Perform other duties as required
Required Technical Skills:
The resource MUST have the following skills and experience:• Good experience with Elastic monitoring tool / ELK stack
• Good knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
• Good knowledge of Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
• Good scripting knowledge in either Bash, PowerShell, Python etc…
• Proficient in English.
The resource SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
• APM monitoring from Elastic or other monitoring tools is highly desirable.
• Experience in Full-Stack Observability platform is desirable.
• Experience with automation tools and runbooks like ansible, YAML also desirable.
• Experience with NRQL, PromQL, JSON and dashboards in Grafana.
• Knowledge of other monitoring tool is a plus, especially Prometheus, Azure Monitoring, OEM, SCOM, NNMi, Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk.
• Good knowledge monitoring of Active Directory Domain Services, SharePoint, SQL, Exchange,
Skype for Business, Apache, Network devices, Lotus Domino, ISC DHCP, BIND, SNMP, Oracle databases, etc.
• Programming skills in .NET C#, Python also desirable.
• DevOps practice is desirable.
• Customer facing experience and oral communication skills
• Ability to write documentation & reports
• Creativity/ ability to find innovative solutions
• Willingness to learn on the job
• Conflict management & cooperation
• Experience and understanding complex enterprise environments
• Relevant industry certifications
• Elastic certification
• Programming language, preferably either .NET C#, Python
• Other Monitoring tools certifications
☒ One week per month (rotation is subject to the number of team members)