Valencia | Fulltime
If you fit in this offer, please send your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes that are not in English will not be considered
Scope of Work:
As part of the ICC Applications Unit (OPSA), under the supervision of the head of the Application Unit, the consultant will be responsible for delivering on-going administration and support for the Web Hosting Service.
The work is required to be carried out in ICC’s office in Valencia. The standard work day is 8 hours per day with the possibility of overtime to cover weekends, holidays and to cover standard out of hours work. In addition, the resource will perform 7 x 24 on call support when required.
The scope of work includes:
- Administration of system/software configurations and troubleshoot Windows based Web environment issues.
- Planning, organizing, maintaining and upgrading IT infrastructures (IIS Web servers and SQL).
- Installation and configuration of networks, software and hardware;
- Control access and security of electronic data;
- Implementation of backup systems and D.R.
- Document and improve upon processes, procedures, and best practices to align with industry standards and customer needs
- Perform system administration of web and application servers.
- Provide recommendations on configuration improvements.
- Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, and deployments.
- Develop system tools and utilities (e.g. scripts) to support the web infrastructure.
- Coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in support, installation, configuration, clustering, best practices, troubleshooting (IIS Web servers and SQL)
- SSL certifications (request, install, renew)
- Understanding of Active Directory (OUs, GPO)
- Experience with PHP based Web application management and troubleshooting from an infrastructure perspective, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Moodle.
- Database infrastructure skills – MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL – including advanced cluster implementation, load balancing and tuning.
- Excellent Knowledge of network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, etc.) including the ability to analyze network issues.
- Scripting knowledge – PHP, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl or Bash.
- Good knowledge about web & applications performance monitoring.
- Understanding of hack attacks (mitigate and prevent as DDos attacks or SQL Injections).
- Experience in continuous delivery tools like Git, Bamboo, and other version control
- Docker containers experience is desirable
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology
- Familiar with Powershell basic commands.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Minimum 7 years working experience as Web Administrator
- Excellent knowledge of English is required