WEB ADMINISTRATOR LINUX
Valencia | Fulltime
Resumes that are not in English will not be considered
Scope of Work:
As part of the ICC Applications Unit (OPSA), under the supervision of the head of the Application Unit, the consultant will be responsible for delivering on-going administration and support for the Web Hosting Service.
The work is required to be carried out in ICC’s office in Valencia, The expected contract start date is 1st December 2018. The standard work day is 8 hours per day with the possibility of overtime to cover weekends, holidays and to cover standard out of hours work. In addition, the resource will perform 7 x 24 on call support when required.
The scope of work includes:
- Administration of system/software configurations and troubleshoot Linux based Web environment issues.
- Document and improve upon processes, procedures, and best practices to align with industry standards and customer needs
- Perform system administration of web and application servers.
- Provide recommendations on configuration improvements.
- Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, and deployments.
- Develop system tools and utilities (e.g. scripts) to support the web infrastructure.
- Coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on experience of the complete LAMP/LEMP stack, including advanced web caching mechanisms and load balancing.
- Experience in support, installation, configuration, clustering, best practices, troubleshooting, performance tuning of JBOSS & Tomcat on various platforms.
- Experience with PHP based Web application management and troubleshooting from an infrastructure perspective, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Moodle.
- Database infrastructure skills – MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL – including advanced cluster implementation, load balancing and tuning.
- Excellent Knowledge of network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, etc.) including the ability to analyze network issues.
- Scripting knowledge – PHP, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl or Bash.
- Good knowledge about web & applications performance monitoring.
- Experience in continuous delivery tools like Git, Bamboo, and other version control
- Docker containers experience is desirable
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Professional attitude
- Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Minimum 7 years working experience as Web Administrator (Linux)
- Excellent knowledge of English is required