08/10/2018 | Valencia | Fulltime
Resumes that are not in English will not be considered
Position: Network Technician
Location: Valencia, Spain
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrator – The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance, administration of the ICT Infrastructure LAN, WAN and Data Center infrastructure.The incumbent is responsible for managing and maintaining standard configurations, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers,Voice gateways monitoring and management tools.
- Deployment Team Member – The incumbent is responsible for final testing and deployment of LAN/WAN and Data Centersolutions as well as all related technical documentation.
- Operational Support – The incumbent is responsible of the Data Center operationsat Tier 2 and handles request fulfilment, incident resolution as well participate in the problem resolution, preventive maintenance related to Datacentre LAN and WAN environment.
- The incumbent will also participate in the out-of-hours duty roster and Stand-by services, as required.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Minimum Three years of experience working on IT preferably in large Data Center environments.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IOs including the managements of switches, routers.
- Good knowledge of Data Center operations including the managements of firewalls, IPS and VPN devices and the techniques to harden network devices
- Good knowledge of Local Area Network, experience with Nexus technology, VMware virtual switches and NSX is desirable.
- Good Knowledge of Wide Area Network, experience on using different routing protocols.
- Good knowledge of voice and video over IP including voice transport, termination and related Quality of Services.
- Good knowledge of network management tools and practices.
- Good knowledge of content networking equipment including server load balancing, content switching, caching andacceleration like Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ACE or F5 BIG-IP.
- Good knowledge of network security including firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention devices.
- Basic knowledge of structured cabling including racking and mounting of network equipment.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL service management methodology.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment.
- Experience in drafting technical documents.
- Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISO 27001), ITIL and ISO 20000 framework and otherindustry standard related best practices.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
The resource should have the following characteristics:
- Produce and deliver quality results
- Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Communicate in a credible and effective way