| Londres | Fulltime
Resumes that are not in English will not be considered
Location: London (Remote work from Spain)
The essence of this role
Reporting to the Tech Team Lead, you will develop mobile phone applications and web services that bridge end-user and back-end systems, from in-house prototypes to applications on marketplace (Apple, Microsoft, Google). You will support technical review and have a passion to design, develop and implement solutions to be deployed at scale. Your main responsibilities will be to design, build and maintain mobile apps for Android and iOS within a Multi-disciplinary team of 4-6 developers, in close collaboration with individuals and teams across technology and business domains.
Within this role you will be expected to undertake tasks such as gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages for major platform. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the App Developer is to build high-quality front-end applications that comply with coding and technical design standards along with back-end systems.
The responsibilities of the App Engineer are as follows:
- Develop applications on Android and iOS
- Manage modern software development tool chains to create, verify, package, and release software, including automation of build, test and deployment etc
- Develop applications on major platforms that are simple and easy to use by using native code and/or portable code to access specific hardware of the target device (e.g., GPS tracker, gyroscope, light sensor, microphone, speaker, bluetooth)
- Document and maintain functionality of app and web service
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing tools and systems.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Work with software developers and data scientists to integrate state-of-art algorithms into the mobile applications and deliver great user experiences.
- Optimize the user interfaces and application code to ensure efficiency, reusability, and performance, also via analytics.
- Develop end-user applications and apply hot-fixes quickly.
- Continuously learn and educate yourself on the latest mobile engineering techniques and best practices.
- Created two or more mobile applications available in Apple AppStore or Google Play Store
- Strong hybrid/cross platform mobile app framework Xamarin, React-Native or other
- MVC, MVP or MVVM design patterns or equivalent
- Experience using YAML, JSON, XML and XSL(T) and other structure data technology and data models
- Integrating 3rd party libraries and components
- Git, SQL database and NoSQL
- Built REST(ful) or SOAP web services and/or microservices
- All phases of the app development lifecycle with emphasis on testing and continuous integration and deployment
- Working experience in an agile team environment with emphasis on accurate estimation and delivery
- Can demonstrate an aptitude for product design thinking
- Experience with well-architected apps published via automate pipelines on cloud-based development environment
- Train, support and advise colleagues software developers and data scientists on the specifics of mobile phone development with emphasis to integrate and transfer reusable software components and algorithms (e.g., port an image recognition algorithm to mobile phone camera)
- Have completed a 3rd level qualification (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Exposure to Data Science or Data Analysis techniques, e.g., create dashboards from real-time data and evidence-based recommendations
- Exposure to IoT technology, e.g., create gateway and correction of measurements from environmental sensors
- Exposure to cross-platform game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine for cross-platform graphics development and universal functionality
- Experience with messaging protocols like Kafka, MQTT, RabbitMQ or equivalent and protocols like DDS, DIS or equivalent
- Exposure to microsimulation packages like SUMO, Aimsun, Vissim
- Exposure to GIS software like QGIS, ArcMap
- Experience with/Knowledge of team collaboration and communication tools like JIRA, Slack, Azure DevOps, TFS, VSTS
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Intelligence, listening and learning.
- Proactivity, energy, enthusiasm.
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Strong technical skills linked to business acumen.
- Able to command a high-profile presence both internally and externally.
- Able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience.
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes